Re: XY4 in Win7-64

  • From: Carl Distefano <cld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 13:58:19 -0400

Reply to note from "Kari Eveli" <lexitec@xxxxxxxxxxx> Sun, 29 Jul
2012 18:41:17 +0300

> What I am doing is to edit a file located in the shared VPC
> drive, a Windows folder. Then I can have the same text file in
> Xywrite and a suitable Windows application (e.g. EditPad Lite)
> at the same time.

Oh, sure, if you have the same text file open in Xy and Windows, you
can copy from the file open in the Win app to the clipboard and then
paste to any other Win app. I was focused on getting text from
XyWrite into the clipboard. But your comment confirms that the
intermediary text file (myclip.txt, in my example) can be located in
a shared space that is accessible to both Windows and Xy, which
gives me hope that my NirCmd-based procedure would work.

NirCmd also has a command to write the clipboard contents to a file,
so you could set up second Desktop shortcut (call the first one
File2Clip, say, and this one, Clip2File), with this command:

C:\NirCmd\NirCmd.exe clipboard writefile "d:\path\myclip.txt"

Double-clicking Clip2File would write the clipboard to myclip.txt,
which could then be MErged at the cursor position in XyWrite. If you
assign the SAD/NV and ME commands to keys, the only extra step is
double-clicking the appropriate NirCmd Desktop shortcut.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx