Re: XY4 in Win7-64

  • From: Jon P <xywrite4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:23:44 -0700 (PDT)

Apologies for a very itchy Send button.

If I can figure out the CLIP.EXE problem, DOSBox will do the job just fine. I
now have a window size I like.

Run Portable.PM and substitute its STARTUP.INT and SETTINGS.DFL for the ones in
the XY you are moving to the Thinkpad.

D-Box, a frontend for DOSBox, will basically make a batchfile to run XY when
you click on it.

Alt-Enter gives you fullscreen but that freezes my Thinkpad 4291-2WU. In the
DosBOX program folder (in Program Files(x86) you can click on Dosbox-0.74
Options.bat and get the configuration file.

I changed it to windowresolution=800x600  (instead of original) for an XY
window about 1/3 of the screen. You can pick another standard ratio.  And for
fullresolution, you could also pick a larger ratio. To make those take effect,
you also need to change output=overlay.

Now to figure out CLIP.EXE...

Jon Pareles