Win 10 and Virtual XP

  • From: David Garwood <dbgarwood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 21:46:33 -0600

I am presently running XyWrite 4.13 (the windows version) under XP in Virtual Box and Microsoft's virtual XP. Everything works except directorys of the Win7/10 files (both 64 bit systems). Have F: formatted as FAT and that works fine, so I am happy as a clam. No major problems. Just set the environment variable "path" to include the "XW" subdirectory. Even the dictionary works.

I can't find a more modern word processor that does document assembly as well as (simply) XyWrite. In the law office we do a LOT of more or less redundant documents. I use footers on everything to locate, id and date files.

Dave