Re: Using NB to Convert (was Re: XP & malware, then: Attachments and HTML )

  • From: Harry Binswanger <hb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 14:09:14 -0400

tremendously shorter.  If the size of the document was
contributing something to the glitch,

Unlikely.

I'd just run my program. It's very likely a bad <...>

 we will have lost that.
But this should be evident to me from a reload into NB, before
bothering to send you the shell of the document.

I think you also mentioned a couple of alternate load-into-NB
options, which I did not have a chance to try.  That would seem
to be the first thing to try.

And let me confirm or dismiss something: neither Xy nor NB care
what the extension of the file (.Ltr, .Txt, .Dft -- but excepting
some like .Doc or .Rtf, in the case of NB) happens to be ?
Based on what is *inside* the file, they either recognize it as
a Xy file, or they don't ?

Xy doesn't care. I just made 2 files in Xy: kill.rtf and kill.doc and put an unformatted sentence in. NB opened each normally. To open files in NB, use:
ca <filename>
from the command line.
If you use the Open file menu method, make sure it's set to "Auto detect"

  Jordan

--- On Sat, 6/23/12, Harry Binswanger <hb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Paul and Jordan,

Yes, I'm sorry, it was I who first confused you two. And I even hardcoded
"Paul" into the code!

What I posted is a pgm to extract from Jordan's legal document (as
opposed to his illegal documents) all its Xy formatting codes, so that I
can determine what is causing his Xy-to-NB difficulty.

--Harry

PS to the below.  Having reread the preceding mails again, I think
perhaps your original email was for Jordan, not me.