Re: Using NB to Convert (was Re: XP & malware, then: Attachments and HTML )

  • From: Paul Breeze <paul.breeze@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 12:22:28 +0100

Dear Harry

I don't use styles, have none defined either, so I'm not sure I can do as you ask very intelligently. Most of my work is with files under 100k but I do manipulate larger files when assembling a manuscript. I have had trouble with tables, where I found I have to take great care to make sure they stood alone with a line above and below, and with interactions between tables and footnotes if I created a table and then added a footnote. This was always because I had forgotten to set up the footnote style first. Having learned how to manage these issues I very rarely have problems now (unless I forget the above).

Paul

On 21/06/2012 22:30, Harry Binswanger wrote:
If you are willing to experiment, take a long document and put a lot of
<US...>s in for styles that are not defined (via a preceding <SS...> for
that style). Then see if you can close and re-open that file or if you
get a crash. I have that problem (among others) with files of 100K.

I will try to see what I'm doing in footnotes that causes the crashes.

On 21/06/2012 18:12, Harry Binswanger wrote:

Do you do footnotes much? Do you ever try to go to expanded mode while
editing a footnote?
Harry

Like Bill I have very little trouble with NB9.  I use footnotes all
the time and often exit in expanded mode.  It works for me.

Best wishes

Paul