Re: TAMEd XY4: Right fonts, wrong place

  • From: Jon Pareles <xywrite4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 01:19:42 -0800 (PST)

I knew this would be hard to explain.

Under View/General Options I un-checked Allow Proportional Fonts, so I only see
the list of installed monospace fonts--which unfortunately doesn't include
Verily Serif Mono, a very nice monospace font that apparently did not tell
Windows it is monospace. C'est la vie.

So I get the list of installed monospace fonts. But if I choose Inconsolata or
Aurulent or BpMono  I see the exact same onscreen font--except in the command
line. Lucida Console and most others give me a different, more angular (like
Futura) font.  There's a monospace Courier in there, very typewriter-esque. But
the only place I can see it is in the command lines--not in the piece I'm
writing, which shows the same font as Lucida Console.

Change to View/General Options and check Allow Proportional Fonts and I can
choose Verily Serif Mono. But it looks the same as Lucida Console--except in
the command line.

I know it's wacky. The problem is that every time I "upgrade" TAME, something
else goes kerflooey. Obviously TAME can put these fonts where I'm writing the
piece--it does on other computers. But this one....

JP