Re: OT--Win7 and disk partitions

  • From: Bill Troop <billtroop@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:39:24 +0000

But maybe it's just
me ...

No, I gave up on True Image after about 2006. A program like this needs to be bulletproof, and it has just been too buggy for me in versions after about 8. I'm using the new Ghost 15 for backup now, but that is not foolproof either. However, it's the one thing that has ever actually even vaguely reliably worked for me. The old DOS-based v. 11, from the famous Hiren CD, I have also found reliable for cloning drives.

On the Mac there's a program I like called Carbon Copy Cloner, but it won't copy to NAS devices.

I have been experimenting, by the by, with high-end eSata cards and find that though disk throughput is about double USB2, the cards are too unreliable on my 2 year old Dell Inspiron 1720.