Re: OT--Win7 and disk partitions

  • From: Flash <flash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:21:50 +0100

Harry,

It seems to me that you are making this vastly more difficult than it needs to be. I am using Xy in Virtual PC7. VPC stores the entire state of the windows engine with all its installed programs and Registry in one huge file on the Mac hardisk; Mac OS X views it as a document file. To make a backup of this, no special image software is needed. I just drag and drop the VPC file onto some other partition or external hardisk. If I bugger the running version of virtual windows, I just delete its file from the Mac hardisk, then drag and drop the previously stored VPC file back to its original place on the Mac hardisk. All these issues of 'is it bootable', 'what about licences' and so on simply do not arise.

<MF FL>

JPEG image