'Death to Word'

List members may be interested in this piece, which spells out every reason
to hate MS Word.

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2012/04/microsoft_word_is_cumbersome_inefficient_and_obsolete_it_s_time_for_it_to_die_.html

I've long despised Word, but this article spells out reasons for hating it
that had never occurred to me.

I still write everything in Xywrite, but for years I've converted my copy
to Word before filing it because my various print and online editors don't
use Xywrite -- indeed, most of them have never even heard of it -- but all
know Word.

After reading this article, I wonder whether Xywrite wouldn't make text
easier for them to move from one publishing platform to another.  Does
anyone on the list file copy to be published online in Xywrite?

Lynn Brenner