Re: 64 or 32 bit Win 7

  • From: Michael Norman <michael.norman@xxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 18:02:23 -0400

At 03:26 PM 5/3/2010, J R FOX wrote:
I suspect most of the people on this list -- just as in the
case of most of the people I know -- are still in a 'Why Go
There ?' mode, as regards 64 bit.  Maybe if I was putting
together a quad-core screamer . . . .  But nothing I'm doing
now, up to and including various things with video streams,
really require it.  (Robert might have a different take
on that.)  Certainly nothing with everyday business apps.
I suppose it would be a different story if the 32-bit
OS-es were suddenly to go away.  But regular XP is still very
prevalently in use, and I don't see this happening all that
soon.

Thanks, Jordan. I'm going to get WIN7/32.

Michael Norman