[x500standard] Re: bindingType of ModifyOperationalBindingArgument

  • From: "Jean-Paul LEMAIRE" <jean-paul.lemaire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: x500standard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 18:53:00 +0100

Hi Erik,

The modifyOperationalBinding can modify the parameters of the binding but not the binding type. The binding type shall be present in the sequence because the parameters depend on it (with a constraint between components). It seems that a DSA should reject a modification on existing bindind with a different bindingType as the bindingType used in establishOperationalBinding. A similar rule should applied to terminateOperationalBinding.

Regards

Jean-Paul.

Am I right when assuming that the bindingType cannot be changed by the
ModifyOperationalArgument?

If I am right, the bindingType shall the one that is associated with the
bindingID. That should be stated clearly.

I am waiting eagerly for an  expert answer.

Erik Andersen

Andersen's L-Service

Elsevej 48,

DK-3500 Vaerloese