[x500standard] Re: Operational Binding Management (1)

  • From: "Jean-Paul LEMAIRE" <jean-paul.lemaire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: x500standard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 14:26:39 +0100

Hi,

I have also checked the ASN.1 modules of Amendment 2 (Commnication Enhancements). A directoryBind operation is defined in part 3 (X.511) for DAP which contains simple, strong, externalProcedure, spkm and sasl alternatives. A dSABind operation in defined in part 4 (X.518) for DSP which contains simple, strong, externalProcedure and spkm alternatives. Part 1 (X.501) and Part 9 (X.525) import directoryBind for DOP and DISP respectively.
As I remember, we planned to distinguish two cases:
 - client to server with sasl
 - server to server without sasl.

So I think there is some problem.

Regards

Jean-Paul.

Hi Folks,

I am a little confused about some issue.

There is a particular bind for (28.6 of X.501). However, the DISP has also a
bind operation on top of that (7.4.1 of X.525), while hierarchical
operational bindings (clause 24 of X.518) does not have a separate bind. Why
this difference?

Erik Andersen

Andersen's L-Service

Elsevej 48,