[x500standard] Re: Object class defition

  • From: Steven Legg <steven.legg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: x500standard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 15:49:00 +1100

Hi Erik,

Note that LDAP allows an object class to have multiple names.
For consistency with ObjectClassDescription in both LDAP and
X.500 the ldapName component should be:

    SEQUENCE SIZE(1..MAX) OF UTF8String OPTIONAL

Regards,
Steven

On 22/01/2012 4:11 AM, Erik Andersen wrote:
Hi,

Base on some private discussion with David Chadwick, I am proposing the update
to X.501 as shown in the
attachment. I have done the following:

a)Extended the text somewhat. Please note that I am not using the word “shall”, but
rather “this field is
used for specifying...” ASN.1 information objects are not for implementers, but
for those making specifications.

b)It is added that only user attribute types are to be included. The note say
that this is a little
different for object classes for subentries.

Erik Andersen

-----
www.x500standard.com: The central source for information on the X.500 Directory
Standard.