[wyomingabe] Response to Robin's comments

  • From: "Lisa Mixer" <Lmixer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wyoming ABE list serve" <wyomingabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:58:39 -0600

Well, well, it's Casper College again!! We just downloaded the Hathaway bill
and it was a good idea! On page 34, Line 3-7, is where the comment is made that
Robin refers to.  The department they refer to is the Department of Ed. Will we
be asking the DOE be make a special consideration for most of our 16 year old's
and some of our 17 and 18 year old's requests for a scholarship or as the bill
states, "for other good cause?" What might be considered as a "good cause?"
Will this "good cause" be liberally applied or will this be a barrier to going
forth into post secondary? Does this mean that our students whose class has not
graduated will attend a community college/UW without the benefit of the
scholarship until their class has finally graduated? Help, we need some vision
of how this will play out!! Most of our highest level students are 16!
Bev and Lisa

Lisa Mixer
ABE/GED Co-director
Literacy Volunteers of Casper Tutor Coordinator
125 College Drive
Casper, Wyoming 82601
307-268-3021 fax