[wyomingabe] Need the state to respond to our questions

  • From: "Lisa Mixer" <Lmixer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wyoming ABE list serve" <wyomingabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 08:28:58 -0600

Dear Margaret,
There seems to be quite a few opinions out there on the Hathaway. Can your
office provide some direction? What is your opinion on how the DOE is going to
implement the "other good cause" allowance for kids whose graduating class has
not graduated? Will there be an application? Also, is there a comment period or
was I dreaming? And will the state provide that comment? Can you tell us
whether or not the April 1, 2006 date is negotiable? It will eliminate all our
GED recipients who have graduated this year from receiving a scholarship.
Thanks,
Lisa

Lisa Mixer
ABE/GED Co-director
Literacy Volunteers of Casper Tutor Coordinator
125 College Drive
Casper, Wyoming 82601
307-268-2453
307-268-3021 fax