[wyomingabe] Call for help

  • From: "Kelsee Miller" <kmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wyomingabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:53:23 -0700

Dear Wyoming ABE listserve members:

My name is Kelsee Miller and I am the chairperson for the Wyoming ABE Content
Standards Committee.  Our committee is currently drafting the ABE Reading
Content Standards and I would like to ask for your help!

It would be helpful for our committee to have contact with anyone within your
program that has experience teaching reading to low level adult learners.  I
would strongly encourage these individuals to join our committee, but if for
some reason they can not, I would like the opportunity to communicate with them
so that we can use their experience.  Please have these individuals contact me
ASAP via e-mail at kmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm attaching the DRAFT format that the committee has chosen to use. We have
borrowed this from Louisiana and the wording is not ours. We need to start the
process of drafting the actual standards and aligning them to the functioning
level. We still have not decided if we want to focus on reading or tackle
writing as well.  I welcome comments and suggestions from anyone so please
share this with all INSTRUCTORS within your area.  I want all ABE personnel to
have an opportunity to comment on this.

Thank you for your help!

Kelsee Miller
Casper College
Adult Basic Education/GED Instructor
125 College Dr.
Casper, WY 82601

This message has been scanned for viruses
and dangerous content by MailScanner at
caspercollege.edu and is believed to be clean.