[wyomingabe] Body of Evidence dropouts

  • From: "Lisa Mixer" <Lmixer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wyoming ABE list serve" <wyomingabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:47:38 -0600

Dear Margaret,
We have (already) had our very first student come in here saying they dropped
out of high school because they did not meet the school district's "Body of
Evidence" (BOE). We also just had a request made by one of our K12 New Student
Orientation partners ask us to track the number of students who state on their
registration under "Reason for leaving school" the BOE.  Would we want to
implement a state effort to count these kids so that we have information about
the relationship between increased dropout rates (if indeed this happens) and
the BOE? I think it would be very interesting!!
Lisa

Lisa Mixer
ABE/GED Co-director
Literacy Volunteers of Casper Tutor Coordinator
125 College Drive
Casper, Wyoming 82601
307-268-2453
307-268-3021 fax