[wyomingabe] Additional questions for WCCC folks

  • From: "Lisa Mixer" <lmixer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wyomingabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:05:37 -0600

Dear everyone,
WEN sure knows how to end long good-byes!

Casper had a few more issues they wanted to bring up and we know that everyone could benefit from being included in this discussion. So here were our other questions.
1. How will DWS and WCCC deal with the ETSS purchased equipment (computers primarily)?
2. If our programs offer computer literacy classes for FREE (which we have in the past) with the general funds, we will potentially take paying clients away from the continuing education program. Does the WCCC have any comments/feelings on that?
3. The third question listed on the agenda from yesterday's meeting refers to RFPs. I would like a clarification of the conversatin that ensued. For the next two years, our community college ABE programs will be receiving the general funds. After two years, will the RFP process be opened up to other entities or remain available to just the community college ABE programs?
That's all I have for now, but we would love to hear others on their unanswered questions or concerns.
Thanks! L

Lisa Mixer, Casper College ABE/GED Center
125 College Drive
Casper, Wyoming 82601
307-268-2453
307-268-2453 Fax