[WriteWayPro] Spell check questions

  • From: Jason Penney <jpenney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: writewaypro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:44:59 -0400

Hey all,

I started using the spell check in WriteWay for the first time last
night.  That was a frustrating experience.  I sent a similar email to
support, but I'm hoping someone on here has a suggestion.

Is it possible to spell check the entire book in one session?  The
help file makes it sound like you can spell check the book, an act, a
chapter, or a scene.  I can only get a scene to work.

How do I define additional custom dictionaries?  When I add a word
there is a pull down to pick which dictionary it should go in, but there
is only MyCustom in there (which is stored in the program directory and
not in the directory that's shared between my system where I keep the
book).  Also I like to have a separate dictionary for each book, and
then a common one for English words that aren't in the standard dictionary.

Is there a limit to the number of words in a dictionary? Can you have
multiple dictionaries selected at once (besides the default and
MyCustom)? Is there a way to build a dct file by hand rather than use
'Add' during a spell check?

I have a word list file I use to train spellcheckers.  I open the file
in whatever program and then spell check it adding all the words it
thinks are misspelled to a user dictionary.  The list is 135000+ words
long, and WriteWay wasn't handling it very well.  After a few hours I
had only made it to 'B'.

I tried just adding the word list to my MyCustom.dct using notepad and
restarted WriteWay, but it didn't seem to find all the words.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jason C Penney (jpenney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Homepage: http://www.freelists.org/webpage/writewaypro
To unsubscibe, send a message to writewaypro-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx