[WomensExchange] Program at CISCO SBA SJ Entrepreneurship Center

  • From: Helen Conroy <programs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: womensExchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 19:44:44 -0800

Dear Womens Exchange colleagues:

Thanks, Kristie, for encouraging us to use this list to publicize our
own events.

Next week, I'll be presenting a program that may interest members of
this group.  Please sign up via Acteva at
http://www.acteva.com/go/ecenter

As with any program that I present, I'm happy to take questions in
advance from people who have registered.  I'll address your issues in my
presentation.  Thanks so much.

Here are the details:

Negotiating Consulting Agreements that Work

Tue 02/11/03  San Jose, CA  6:00PM to 8:00PM

Event Type: Seminar / Workshop / Class for BUSINESS

Hosted By: SBA*Cisco Systems*San Jose Entrepreneur Center

Event Description:

When dealing with clients and with subcontractors, do you know what the
boilerplate language in consulting contracts means? How can both
consultant and client make a clear, fair agreement that protects both
parties' interests? And what do you do when your client sends you its
"standard" (and probably unintelligible) 19-page form contract? Using
real-life examples, our contract law expert, Helen Leah Conroy, will
answers these questions, and provide basic information about the
intellectual property and other concerns common to all consulting
agreements.

Location: SBA*Cisco Systems*San Jose Entrepreneur, 84 W. Santa Clara
Street (at Market), Suite 100, San Jose, CA, 95113

For more information:

http://www.ecenteronline.org <http://www.ecenteronline.org/>

Cost: $20.00

For tickets and/or registration:

http://www.acteva.com/go/ecenter

Directions/Map Link:

http://www.ecenteronline.org/contact.asp

Contact Information: Entrepreneur Center SBA*Cisco Systems*City of San
Jose, sjecenter@xxxxxxxxxxx

Organization Description:

The SBA*Cisco Systems*San Jose Entrepreneur Center is a unique
partnership between the U.S. Small Business Administration, cisco
Systems and the City of San Jose to provide entrepreneurs with all of
the resources they need to be successful in their business endeavors
including counseling, training, financing and technology. Please visit
us at www.ecenteronline.org <http://www.ecenteronline.org/>  .

Best regards,

Helen

www.helenconroylaw.com <http://www.helenconroylaw.com/>

Helen Leah Conroy

Attorney at Law

4096 Piedmont Avenue, No. 366

Oakland, California 94611

510.601.8847  (telephone)

510.601.9063  (facsimile)

415.806.5823  (mobile)

This message is being sent from an attorney and may contain information
which is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and

Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 1:55 PM
To: programs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

# programs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx has requested that you be subscribed

womensexchange mailing list.

#

# To subscribe, reply to this message, leaving the message body

# intact, or send the following lines in e-mail to

# ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

// job

appsub womensexchange programs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx \

3E4036C1:7A4D.1:jbzrafrkpunatr

// eoj

---

Ecartis v1.0.0 - job execution complete.

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: Helen Leah Conroy (hlconroy@xxxxxxxxxxx).vcf