[women_of_phoenix] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Sharon Gillam <sgillam@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: women_of_phoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 12:20:25 -0700 (PDT)

yes, exactly!

--- On Fri, 10/1/10, Phyllis Eyre <pweyre@xxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Phyllis Eyre <pweyre@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [women_of_phoenix] Re: (no subject)
To: women_of_phoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, October 1, 2010, 3:10 PM

Thank Sharon.  As we learned the song as children:  THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF
MINE...I'M GONNA LET IT SHINE!!!  SHINE with me.

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Sharon Gillam <sgillam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel
insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates
others.
-- Marianne Williamson