[Wittrs] Re: Wittgenstein and Post Modernism

  • From: Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 10:50:11 -0700 (PDT)

... as I indicated, the use of the term would need to be understood before one
offered anything. But those who offered the term "post modernism" to cover
meaning as use would probably have to have some other sort of words to describe
the "post modernism" that espouses various kinds of irrationality and displays
very often two-dimensional reasoning. And those that amount to left-wing
whining and so forth. It's a garbage term anyway. It's sort of like the term
"liberal" in politics -- or, perhaps, the term "politics" itself.

BTW, I have never encountered a use of the term "post modern" that meant
"structuralist." This is because the term came about in academic circles to
describe post-structuralist thought. The poster child is Derrida.

Here is what I want to say: people with far, far less intellectual capacity
than Wittgenstein take only strands of his thinking -- or perhaps half-strands
-- and larceny them into some sort of curmudgeon sort of deconstructionism, the
point being only tantrum and poor cognition.

Wittgenstein would not have kept company with either these people or their
ideas.

Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.
Assistant Professor
Wright State University