[Wittrs] Re: Wittgenstein and "Brain Scripts"

  • From: "SWM" <SWMirsky@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 17:47:03 -0000

--- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@...> wrote:
People don't think in words per se; they think in scripts. Or rather, their
thoughts are the running of scripts.

This matter really can't be talked about in the clouds. It can only be shown.
The child is still 5 months into the pregnancy. You are asking about an
ultrasound. Wait until birth and I will show you then.

Okay, you've got my interest. I'll look forward to this. One thing though. Can
you amplify what you mean by "scripts" a bit more at this point? I know what a
movie script is and a script as a set of steps or specifications that one must
go through to accomplish anything, i.e., an algorithm. Do you then mean
"algorithm" by "script" here? Near as I can tell, "algorithm" is the generic
(and more general) way we have of speaking of "software" or "programming" with
regard to computers. But while programming is a very specified form of an
alogrithm, any set of procedural steps, whether structured mathematically, in
arcane symbolic code or ordinary language, can be described as an "algorithm",
too.

SWM

WEB VIEW: http://tinyurl.com/ku7ga4
TODAY: http://alturl.com/whcf