[Wittrs] Quoting Policy and Settings

  • From: Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 07:34:13 -0700 (PDT)

... Freelists gives me the ability to set a quoting limit for messages to the
list. You can configure the limitation fairly intelligently. For example, it
allows you to reset the count every time you yourself type fresh text. So let's
say I set it at 25. You have up to 25 lines you can quote before you yourself
must "talk." After you have written something, it starts counting up to 25
again. The purpose of the limitation would be to catch people who offer a reply
at the top of the message and leave the entire message below it. The way it
works is that the message goes back to your email, indicating you have to trim
it.  (The same would be true if you deposited your comments at the bottom of
the message but left the entire message at the top.

Are there any objections to setting a 25 line recount?

(Stuart, pay attention!  )

I'm not sure how large a "line' is in the calculation. I assume it is based
upon Freelists formatting. In order to calculate how large 25 lines might be,
examine this message:

//www.freelists.org/post/wittrs/Following-a-Rule-by-jrstern

In essence, a message like this would have been returned to sender. (Just
ignore the fact that it is a forwarded message. I don't want to do forwarded
stuff anymore, anyway. Better to send stuff return to sender.) Do you think 25
is a reasonable limit?

Appreciate the feedback.

Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.
Assistant Professor