[Wittrs] Re: How Wittgenstein Ended Philosophy

  • From: brendan downs <downs_brendan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:33:07 +1200

sorry lmao. argue that with W.

“A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that's unlocked and opens
inwards; as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push.” and
"The limits of my language are the limits  my world".

regards
brendan

> Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 04:09:16 +0000
> From: xznwrjnk-evca@xxxxxxxxx
> To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [Wittrs] Re: How Wittgenstein Ended Philosophy
>

> --- In Wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, brendan downs <wittrs@...> wrote:
>

> > I will elaborate. linguistic entities can only directly refer to
> > other linguisic entities because they belong to the same category
> > of entities and indirectly to other entities i.e linguistic entities
> > and not physical entities.
>
> To me that seems a dubious claim.
>
> Regards,
> Neil
>

> WEB VIEW: http://tinyurl.com/ku7ga4
> TODAY: http://alturl.com/whcf
> 3 DAYS: http://alturl.com/d9vz
> 1 WEEK: http://alturl.com/yeza
> GOOGLE: http://groups.google.com/group/Wittrs
> FREELIST: //www.freelists.org/archive/wittrs/09-2009

Feeling the financial pinch? Check on MSN NZ Money for a hand
http://money.msn.co.nz