[Wittrs] Re: How Wittgenstein Ended Philosophy

  • From: Rajasekhar Goteti <rgoteti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 07:17:43 +0530 (IST)

=== JKrishnamurti.org - Daily Quote ===

Behind the screen of words

It is important to see, is it not?, that no one can give us freedom from the
conflict of relationship. We can hide behind the screen of words, or follow a
teacher, or run to a church, or lose ourselves in a cinema or a book, or keep
on attending talks; but it is only when the fundamental process of thinking is
uncovered through awareness in relationship that it is possible to understand
and be free of that friction which we instinctively seek to avoid. Most of us
use relationship as a means of escape from ourselves, from our own loneliness,
from our own inward uncertainty and poverty, and so we cling to the outer
things of relationship, which become very important to us. But if, instead of
escaping through relationship, we can look into relationship as a mirror and
see very clearly, without any prejudice, exactly what is, then that very
perception brings about a transformation of what is, without any effort to
transform it. There is nothing to transform
 about a fact; it is wh
at it is. But we approach the fact with hesitation, with fear, with a sense of
prejudice, and so we are always acting upon the fact and therefore never
perceiving the fact as it is. When we see the fact as it is, then that very
fact is the truth which resolves the problem.

The Collected Works, Vol. VI - 207

sekhar