[Wittrs] Re: Attention Brendan!

  • From: Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:55:38 -0700 (PDT)

Brendan:

The emails are not being sent to you, personally. They are being sent to "the
list," of which you are now a member. That's why the email says [Wittrs] in the
subject line. There is no need to reply to any or all of them. You don't have
to thank people for sending them. They aren't being sent "to you." They go to
an email address that spams them out to you. Some people like to read the list
this way (by email) just to keep up with what is going on. Other people read
the list by viewing it online here:

THE BOARD -- http://alturl.com/whcf
GOOGLE:  -- http://groups.google.com/group/Wittrs
FREELIST:  --  //www.freelists.org/archive/wittrs/09-2009
WEB VIEW:  --  http://tinyurl.com/ku7ga4

If you view it online, the benefit is that you don't have to receive emails
every time someone posts. If you view it by receiving emails, the benefit is
that you don't have to chase anything down -- it comes straight to you. But you
do have to delete mails regularly that you don't want. There is also the option
of receiving only 1 email of the entire day's postings, so you only have one
mail a day (if that is what you want).

So once again, the mails are not being sent to you personally. This mail right
here is being read by the entire list. Everyone gets it. Anyone can reply.
Surely no one will. It will just go into their boxes and be deleted. You only
reply if you have something to contribute to the discussion. You would never
reply to every mail by saying "thanks I will reply soon."

I have you signed up to receive emails. If you want to receive a digest version
instead (one mail) or if you want to receive no mails (so you can read it on
the web), that is an option too. Just making sure you know how it works. If you
have any questions, send them to me, and I'll tell you how things work.

Thanks and regards

Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.
Assistant Professor
Wright State University