[Wittrs] Re: Analyzing Wittgenstein's 'Mental Processing' Quotes

  • From: brendan downs <downs_brendan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 00:18:57 +1000

This question here my be a non senseical question, even though there might or
might no be family resemblences with concepts such as mind, thought, thinking,
ideas and brain.
those it make sense in the sense of games to be talking of brains in these
arguments. Wittgenstein's objections to applying words outside the contexts in
which they have an established meaning mirror Kant's objections to the
non-empirical use of empirical reason.
Where as "brain" has empirical content and makes sense if you agree brain/mind
are identical. Neurologically speaking the brain/mind is composed of electrical
and chemical process but to talk about brain-mind is to take the concepts out
of context, "In the Critique of Pure Reason, Kant argues that when concepts
grounded in experience are applied outside of the range of possible experience,
the result is contradictions and confusion"
Before early biology did we have the concept "brain" even though we had a
brain. And since biology we have a concept that refers and belongs to the
category science, where as the concept "mind" may refer to the usage of a
concept in the category of philosophy. if you don't subcribe to the brain is
identical to the mind then we have a cross categorial confusion.

Brendan

WEB VIEW: http://tinyurl.com/ku7ga4
TODAY: http://alturl.com/whcf
3 DAYS: http://alturl.com/d9vz