[wisb] seeking salvage specimens

  • From: "Rogers, David A" <rogersd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 06:44:21 -0500

Hello. I'm a relatively new professor at UW Parkside (in Kenosha).  We are
looking to add an Ornithology course to our curriculum and I am struggling to
find teaching specimens. Does anyone out there have any specimens they would be
willing to donate to us? If not, would you be willing to keep your eyes open
for any salvage specimens for us (fresh window kills, road kills, etc.)?
Perhaps you are memeber of a nature center that has accumulated a number of
specimens?

We have the appropriate state and federal salvage permits, and have been slowly
accumulating window kills from our building, but I have to believe there are
other such specimens out there that could find purpose helping our students
learn basic identification skills. If you are in SE Wisconsin, I can come and
pick them up in person or we will gladly arrange to cover the shipping costs.

many thanks,

Dave

David A Rogers, PhD
Dept of Biology, UW Parkside