[wisb] (no subject)

  • From: Marge Anderson <manderson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 06:02:49 -0500

Hello WisBirders:

Here is an inquiry I received from a California birder looking to extend his
Madison trip - his email is below if anyone can offer him any assistance.

Hi:

I'm an intermediate birder who, among other things, is an ABA-area lister.  I'm
perhaps going to be in Madison for a National Refuge conference from Mon-Thur,
July 11-14.  I was thinking of staying through the weekend and searching for
target birds. If I had some local help that would be ideal.  Here (in no
particular order and without regard to seasons, is my target list:

Whooping Crane, Acadian Flycatcher, Barred Owl, Connecticut Warbler, Kirtland's
Warbler, Louisiana Waterthrush, Spruce Grouse, Gray Partridge, Winter Wren,
Whip-poor-will, Henslow's Sparrow, LeConte's Sparrow and Clay-colored Sparrow.

Which of those would I have a possibility of seeing in the area?  Is Kirtland's
a possibility in Wisconsin, and if so, how many hours away from Madison by car?

Thanks for any help.

Tim Ruckle
Chico, CA
tim.ruckle@xxxxxxxxxxx