[wisb] night flight, Picnic point

  • From: Jesse Ellis <calocitta8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 11:25:45 -0500

Hey all-
When I woke up in the middle of the night last night I realized there was a
great Swainson's Thrush migration going on. Even without going outside I
could hear quite a few birds passing over, and the flight seemed continuous
for the time I was awake to hear it. Didn't notice anything else though.

However this morning there are Tennessee Warblers everywhere. Other migrants
at Picnic Point this morning included good numbers of American Redstarts, a
few Magnolia Warblers, and Black-throated Greens. Also had a number of
Northern Waterthrushes, which are first for fall for me.

Jesse

--
Jesse Ellis
Madison, Dane Co, WI