[wisb] large grebe, Yellowstone Lake, Lafayeete County

  • From: Mike Ramsden <mcramsden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 19:10:20 -0500

I thought I'd pass this along in case there's someone in the area that wants to
check it out.  This afternoon there was a large grebe at the far eastern side
of Yellowstone Lake next to the dam.  I couldn't make the id but I can safely
rule out horned, eared, and pied-billed by size.

The fall colors and rolling hills made for a nice drive too.

Mike Ramsden
Beloit, Rock County