[wisb] field sparrow and eagle attack.

    Hey folks ---  During a break between work shifts this past Sunday. I biked
out to Abbey Park, by Westhaven Drive, south of Witzel Av ( 4th Av).   I had to
listen twice and more to make sure I wasn't hearing things, yup,  I had a Field
Sparrow.  Plus I had other nice standards, like chickadees, orioles, a least
flycatcher, warbling vireo and otherwise a couple deer, a doe and buck, a young
8-pointer, with velvet included, which is a rare-ish sighting to me.     In
another note, my brother sent me a very interesting note that my sis-in-law and
some friends witnessed on their lake.  They actually watched an eagle attack
and kill a great blue heron right in front of their property.  How crazy is
that?  Has anyone ever heard of this kind of attack?     Paul Bruce, Winnebago
Co.