[wisb] Re: adding to WI Breeding Bird Atlas records

Jesse and everyone else,

Please take a few minutes when you find unusual nesting observations this breeding season to send the record in to the Wisconsin Breeding Bird Atlas file. You can do this at the Atlas website: http://www.uwgb.edu/birds/wbba/ and hit the "New Data Form" icon on the upper right side under the heading. Or go to the WSO website: http://hendrix.ljnetworks.com/~wsobirds/ and scroll down to the bottom of the home page and hit the words Wisconsin Breeding Bird Atlas to go to the data form. You can check if what you find is unusual in your area by looking in your Atlas book or checking the species map online at the site listed for Atlas above.

IF you are lucky enough to confirm breeding of a species NOT confirmed during the 6 years of Atlas work you will need to email Jennifer Davis (our Atlas webmaster) with your information. Her email is: davisj@xxxxxxxx This would not be a form, but by looking at the form first, you can see what you would need to tell Jennifer in your email. Our automatic file is NOT set up to recognize "new" species.

Thanks for adding to the Atlas data base in this way.

Bettie Harriman
Oshkosh

At 01:26 PM 5/5/2009, Jesse Ellis wrote:

And oddly, at Arboretum Ln and Marshall, I found a fledgling PURPLE FINCH begging and receiving food from a pair of adults. I didn't realize these guys were opportunistic breeders, or at least started so early.

Jesse

--
Jesse Ellis
Madison, Dane Co, WI

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
http://www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.