[wisb] Yard birds

  • From: Daryl Tessen <bhaunts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 18:09:09 -0500

Again today I had a movement of passerines thru my yard.  There was a
fair movement early and then a lesser one later this afternoon.  I do
not know what happened during mid to early afternoon as I was a
designated driver for a friend who had out patient surgery.
There were several empid flycatchers, single Philadelphia and Red-
eyed Vireos, a Veery and Swainson's Thrush, and for the warblers
Parula, Magnolia, Bay-breasted, Blackpoll, Wilson's and 2 Redstarts.

Yesterday and today's yard movement is the best I have had in August
in a number of years.  Here is hoping it continues, especially with
the cool !!!!!!! and rainy weather forecast for the next few days.
It is always nice when the birds "come to you"!!
Daryl Tessen
Appleton, WI