[wisb] Re: Yard Lists

  • From: claudia giamati <cgiamati@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisb <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 12:17:42 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings!
This is how the majority of my birding is done!!! Since my humble hectare is
adjacent to several horse pastures, and I can see the birds in the pasture
really well with a scope or binies from a spot in the white pines on my
property, I count those birds as yard birds.  When I see a flock of tundra
swans fly overhead, I also count those birds.  I guess, If I can see a bird
while I am physically in my yard, then I count it.  I do not count heard only
birds, ever. If i mention a heard only bird, I always describe it as heard
only. Bigbying is different.  It just requires that you bird in a carbon
neutral way like  bicycling, canoeing,  or walking
good birding!
cg
Claudia Giamati
Chippewa Falls(mailing address)

Chippewa County

"A knowledge of the path cannot be substituted for putting one foot in front of
the other."

-- M. C. Richards