[wisb] Wind Point/Shoop Park Racine-Merlin and Cackling Goose

  • From: Jennifer Wenzel <miloloki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 14:52:18 -0500

Hi,

Eric Howe and I birded from Shoop Park north along the lake early this
morning. We had a nice flyover Merlin who later perched in the bare
birch tree across the street. In previous falls, sometimes they will
stick around for a few days. We also had a Cackling Goose amongst the
Canadas on the golf course and a female Scarlet Tanager with a few Palm
and Yellow-Rumped Warblers along the trail.

A few White-Crowned Sparrows were also under my feeder this afternoon.

Looking forward to checking out Forest Beach Migratory Preserve for the
first time at the Grosbeak Galore event tomorrow!

Jenny Wenzel
Racine Co.