[wisb] Warblers in TX

  • From: "Korducki" <korducki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbird" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 05:04:48 -0500

Checking the Texas list serve I noticed that yesterday saw a major wave of
warblers both at South Padre and High Island.  This is a bit later than normal.
 I was in Port Aransas early in April and the warblers were behind schedule
then too.  Hopefully this means that many are still on the way here.  I think
the first really push of warblers will come some time in the next week.  With
the above average temps I know many of us thought this weekend was going to be
really good for warblers but I think it is just a bit early yet.  There has
been a good variety but not the numbers yet.  Reports of both cuckoos this
weekend was a surprise though as they are generally a late migrant.
Mark Korducki, New Berlin