[wisb] Townsend's Solitaire - Bayfield County

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 14:12:35 -0700

I found a TOWNSEND'S SOLITAIRE in the city of Washburn, Bayfield County, on
Sunday afternoon.  I spotted the bird in flight near the Washburn
marina/coaldock and subsequently viewed it perched in several places a few
blocks inland toward Hwy 13 and south of Memorial Park campground.  This
species has become pretty much annual in the Chequamegon Bay area over the past
decade.

A few documentation pics of the bird:
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady/image/130899309
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady/image/130899316

My year-old son Evan was with me at the time.  Our last two times birding
together we found Townsend's Solitaire and Slaty-backed Gull -- I think he's
coming with me more often.

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady