[wisb] Re: Thoughts on grebe sp. on Hwy. 49 - Horicon (no sightings)

  • From: "Tom Schultz" <trschultz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <korducki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Tuftedtitmouse2@xxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 22:10:33 -0500

Mark is correct.  I have been fortunate enough to observe all five species
of grebes at Lake Maria (in Green Lake County) over the years.  The rarest
was the Western Grebe -- and I had group of 4 there on June 24, 1989.
Red-necked Grebes have often bred there, and all of the others have also
been present on various occasions.

Tom Schultz
Green Lake
Green Lake Co.