[wisb] Swainson's Thrush and more sparrows + signing off

  • From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 19:26:22 -0500

Hi all,
Last night produced another Swainson's Thrush flight, albeit a small one.
 Also, the number of White-throated Sparrows here has increased. Still no sign
of Myrtle's Warblers yet.  They should be well in by the time I get back.

Anywho, I'm off to southern Peru tomorrow for two and half weeks so I'm signing
off til I return.  Good Birding everyone and keep an eye out for that Sandwich
Tern that's floating around the Chicago Lakefront. Just in case it wanders up
here in my absence.....

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Richland County

http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the
composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things breathes no
more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be
again."

(From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function," 1906)