[wisb] Re: Surprise sighting, +mantis commentary

  • From: "Roy and Charlotte Lukes" <rnclukes@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rdjn560birdcrazy@xxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 13:21:12 -0500

Those interested in the praying mantis can go to www.ppulse.com and click
"the Regulars" in the middle of the blue line across the top of the page,
then click Door to Nature to see three photos and read Roy's story about the
mantis. The Peninsula Pulse also put one of Roy's photos on the cover. You
can only do this for one more day before the new edition comes out tomorrow.

We are having a rather nice passage of migrants here today, too; a
ruby-crowned kinglet, yellow-bellied sapsucker, white-throated sparrow,
yellow-rumped warbler and black-throated green warbler and 59 sandhill
cranes in a nearby field.

Charlotte & Roy Lukes
Door County
Egg Harbor, WI