[wisb] Surprise sighting, +mantis commentary

      Good afternoon, my birding family.    Man, did I make out like a bandit
this a.m.
  Stopped at the Nature Conservancy next to Osh. North HS.    27 species were
recorded in just 30 minutes. Some of them quite awesome!  It started good to
fair then just opened up at the end.  A mess of chipping sparrows were at the
entrance, plus robins, then around the first bend got both kinglets, swamp
sparrow, com. yellowthroat, catbird, waxwings, then further on the way, dowwny
wood. and sapsucker, both nuthatches, juncos, wh-throated sparrows, then even
further, WOW,  purple finch, hermit thrush, yel-rump warblers, goldfinches,
phoebe, cardinals, winter wrens, and the avia de resistance,  an immature
BLUE-HEADED VIREO !!!  This session of birding was just insanely awesome.  What
stinks is missing my target, Fox Sparrow.
        As for the mantis stuff. When this first came to Wisbird I verified
this as OffTopic, so it remains.  I just feel this insect sighting is just too
big of a thing  to ignore, so therefore, sharing this incredible find with my
Wisbird friends would be a most appreciative
 gesture.  Thanking Tom Sykes, Bettie (birdMom to my north),  I am

    Paul Bruce, Oshkosh
   Winnebago Co.