[wisb] Some thoughts on my area

  • From: DAVID SACHS <dsachs1962@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 10:14:53 -0800 (PST)

Hello All - I live north of Appleton about 12 miles.  As stated in my previous
posts I am just getting into a more focued interest in birding.  I have watched
our feeders here in Outagamie County for over 25 years and during that time I
kept detailed records of all of the species I saw at our feeders.  Although I
have seen many species here in our rural area, I have never recorded a Tufted
Titmouse or a Cedar Wax Wing - 2 birds that many are referencing in their
posts.  Maybe this is an anomoly of my area and I just need to be more
observant!  Although both of these birds would not be considered to be rarities
to experienced birders - to me these posts are very enticing from my place as a
novice.  Happy Holidays to All!