[wisb] Snowy at Collins

  • From: <rcd2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdnet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 21:15:32 -0500

Today was my first visit to Collins Marsh in Manitowoc County since I saw the
adult Snowy Owl last week.  I saw it again today.  It was sitting on the ice in
the middle of the frozen pond just north from the parking lot off County JJ.
The owl was much whiter than the white of the snow.  It seemed to glow.

   -- Bob Domagalski, St. Nazianz