[wisb] Snowy Owl--front page of Sheboygan Press

  • From: "Dave&Margaret Brasser" <2shebbirders@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 11:20:05 -0600

The immature Snowy Owl that has been seen at the Sheboygan Marina finally
made the front page of the Sheboygan Press, and a very good article
accompanied it.  We met numerous birding groups on Sheboygan's South Pier
and in the Marina parking lot as they were on field trips on Saturday, Jan.
7, and everyone got excellent looks at the owl.  Kudos to Dave Freriks for
outstanding photos taken that day!  On the Press website there were
additional photos taken Dec. 18 by Todd & Cindy Kruis of a mature Snowy Owl
near Smies Road and I-43 near Cedar Grove.

http://www.wisconsinoutdoorfun.com/article/20120112/MAN0101/201120543/Snowbi
rds-find-winter-home-Sheboygan

--Dave & Margaret Brasser
Sheboygan