[wisb] Snowy Owl Brown/Kewaunee County-YES_ also birds at Bay Beach wildlife sanctuary

  • From: Andy Van Lanen <andy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 13:37:20 -0600

I saw the snowy owl on B/K line road this morning around 8 am. (thanks to
Curt for the heads up!)  The bird was on the ground about 40 meters from
the road (East side).  It flew closer to the road, landed and took off over
the hill to the East.
Today at the Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary, I also had one Northern Pintail
and one American Wigeon.  There were a few Black Ducks mixed in with the
Mallards, a few Common Goldeneyes, and a few Scaup (I think they were
Lesser, but I'm not too good at those).

At the mouth of the Fox River, there were only 2 Bald Eagles, but there
were a few more Goldeneyes, Scaup, and a few Hooded Mergansers out in the
wide open water.

Andy Van Lanen
De Pere, Brown County