[wisb] Re: Snowy Egret and shorebirds Ft. Atkinson

  • From: Karen Etter Hale <chimneyswift1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: stevenlubahn@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 21:12:52 -0500

Thanks for the tip, Steve. The Snowy Egret was still there as of this
afternoon, along with two Great Egrets and two Great Blues, which
towered over the "usual" shorebirds (as far as I could tell).

The Snowy was at the far south end of the wetland, swirling the water
around with one foot, then the other, with great success. One fish
caught was at least as long as its bill. The wetland is on the east side
of Hwy 26, 1.2 miles south of Hwy 12. The shoulder is very wide, which
is good, as there's heavy truck traffic.

Karen Etter Hale
Lake Mills
NW Jefferson Co.