[wisb] Sheboygan today

  • From: Dave Freriks <dhfreriks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 16:03:04 -0600

Hi All,   Jim E. and I decided to burn up some gas and run up to Sheboygan
today to see what we could find. Turned out to be one of the best mornings
either one of us have had in a while. The Snowy Owl was very cooperative in the
harbor and we both got nice views and photos over a couple of hours of watching
it. It was being harassed  often by crows and gulls. North Point had one
beautiful Great Black-backed Gull and at least 3 impressive Glaucous Gulls.
Happy to see Jim get lifers on both of those.  A couple of flocks of Tundra
Swans flew over as well. Very nice morning to be out..... there are some things
you just can't see staying close to home. :)  A few photos below.... more at
www.pbase.com/dhfreriks/new_photos

Snowy Owl     http://www.pbase.com/dhfreriks/image/139812400
Great Black -backed Gull    http://www.pbase.com/dhfreriks/image/139812406
Glaucous Gull   http://www.pbase.com/dhfreriks/image/139812410