[wisb] Scissor-tailed Flycatcher - YES

  • From: Dan Belter <bwhawk1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 01:27:10 +0000 (UTC)

Mary Backus and I went for the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher this afternoon and
found it on the wire along Hwy E, about 1/4 "south" of intersection of Hwy E
and Hwy O at around 3:15 p.m. We raced back to the spot where all the other
birders have been seeing it at to tell Kay Kavanagh and her husband, and one
other birder there. We all went back to this new spot and saw the bird out in
the field on the west side of the road, but for only several seconds before it
took flight again and flew to the south behind some trees next to the white
house. We lost sight of it after that, and searched the area over as best we
could for at least an hour with no luck. At one point Mary and I went down the
road where the Western Kingbird was reported at, but at the time we didn't know
about this sighting and did not see this bird either.

Dan Belter
Village of Weston
Marathon Co, WI